[Interview] Glen Washington @ Deux Pièces Cuisine 06/04/19

Répondre
miss_soul_rebel
Apprenti Selector

[Interview] Glen Washington @ Deux Pièces Cuisine 06/04/19

Message par miss_soul_rebel » 10 avr. 2019 19:56

Le samedi 6 avril 2019, nous avons eu l'opportunité d'interviewer Glen Washington. L'interview complète est disponible sur:

http://www.jamworld876.net/interview/in ... pc-france/

Ci-dessous, un extrait:

How was the show tonight? How did you feel?

Me feel good. Real good vibe. Nice reception. People in Paris could sing. I enjoy that. When the people them can party, I like that.

During the 70’s, Glen Washington worked closely with Joseph Hill…

In the early days, as a matter of fact, is a mentor of mine. He was one of my mentor. The band that I was singing with, back then, the drummer was Joseph Hill. He was the drummer, and I was the lead singer. Then, Joseph Hill went, and formed a group called Culture. So he had to leave the band. And I ended up taking on as an apprentice drummer.

I ended up beating the drum, because we had a whole bunch of little gigs, and didn’t have a drummer like right away. So I had to fall right in there. I ended up playing and singing. It wasn’t easy at first but then I did play the drums and sing. And I was known, back then, as a singing drummer for over 20 years.

Back then, he didn’t record any material with Joseph Hill…

Back in the days, my first recording was a song called “Suzie.” But this was after I went different ways with Joseph Hill. They had a talent contest, and I ended up being the winner of that contest. Part of the prize was to have my song recorded.

Later on, I went to Joe Gibbs Records. Joseph Hill actually took me there, and I ended up recording a song called “Rockers Nuh Crackers.” It’s a big song back in the days. It was like recorded in 1973. [...}

gbougard
Producer

Message par gbougard » 11 avr. 2019 15:08

Je crois que Glen Washington est credite a la batterie sur Africa Stand Alone de Culture

je vais checker l'interview. C'est une bete de chanteur
Guillaume Bougard
Riddim haffe rule
www.tabou1.com

Gregory Isaacs - Sly & Robbie - Bob Marley - Lee Perry - Abyssinians - Third World - Bitty McLean

miss_soul_rebel
Apprenti Selector

Message par miss_soul_rebel » 11 avr. 2019 16:47

gbougard a écrit :Je crois que Glen Washington est credite a la batterie sur Africa Stand Alone de Culture

je vais checker l'interview. C'est une bete de chanteur
Oui, c'est dans la suite de l'interview, ce n'est qu'un extrait. C'est juste après je crois.

SistarolK
Producer
canap winner : non

Message par SistarolK » 12 avr. 2019 17:52

:bike: merci Miss

miss_soul_rebel
Apprenti Selector

Message par miss_soul_rebel » 14 avr. 2019 10:26

SistarolK a écrit ::bike: merci Miss
De rien

L'interview vidéo est dispo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usarIvKR3QQ&t=32s[/video]